Dr. Jason Cormier M.D.
Neurosurgeon, Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Jason Cormier has been practicing as a neurosurgeon since August 2010, when he became a partner of Acadiana Neurosurgery and its founder Dr. Alan Appley after his internship in general surgery and neurosurgery at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC and the completion of his training at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in Birmingham AL. During his training, he gained extensive experience in complex spinal surgery under the direction of Dr. Mark N. Hadley and associates. He also received special training in minimally invasive spinal surgery as well as open and endoscopic brain surgery. Dr. Cormier maintains his interests to train Neurosurgeons of tomorrow and will be teaching both medical students and residents many innovative neurosurgical techniques including endoscopic pituitary and image-guided surgery, and minimally invasive complex spinal surgery. Dr. Cormier was named as one of “America’s Top Surgeons,” in the field of Neurosurgery, by the Consumers Research Council of America, Guide to America’s top surgeons and currently listed as one of the leading physicians in the world for Neurosurgery. Dr. Cormier is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and the Congress of Neurological Surgeons and is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
Dr. Cormier, actively serves on medical advisory boards for numerous organizations, including several boards of the Food and Drug Administration while maintaining a busy neurosurgery practice involving complex spinal and intracranial operations on patients from around the country that seek out his surgical acumen. Dr. Cormier continues to utilize state of the art technologies, including using thermal infrared technology both in his office and in the operation room.
Acknowledged internationally as one of the top neurosurgeons in brain injury and as an expert in concussions, Dr. Jason Cormier, founder and CEO of Motorsports Safety Group and Brain and Spine Foundation, crafted his strategic partnership with the ARCA racing series’ safety initiative Program to form a “Motorsports Healthcare Education Plan” Medical car- a high profile, interactive activation designed to reach millions of race fans throughout the country. Utilizing the strength and demographic reach of Nascar and the ARCA racing series, their mission is to provide a comprehensive, grassroots marketing campaign focused on preventative health care education and wellness training. With an emphasis to educate and engage race fans in their growing role as healthcare consumers, their objective is to influence behavioral changes, to provide racing’s brand-loyal audience with the medical knowledge to make informed, preventative decisions which directly affect the wellness of their families.
BOARD CERTIFICATION Certified Diplomate, American Board of Neurological Surgery
FDA CONSULTANT to the Neurological Devices Panel, Panels of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee, and to the Center for Devices and Radiological Health.
• Founder and CEO of Motorsports Safety Group
• Founder and CEO of Motorsports Brain and Spine Foundation
• International Council of Motorsports Sciences
• American Board of Neurological Surgery
• American Association of Neurological Surgery
• Congress of Neurological Surgery
• American College of Surgeons
• North American Spine Society
• International Neuromodulation Society
• Louisiana State Medical Society
• Lafayette Parish Medical Society
• Pituitary Network Association
• North American Neuro-modulation Society
• Society of Lateral Access Surgery
• Subcortical Surgery Group
• After The Impact Fund
• Think First Foundation (NIPF)
• Neuro Kinetics (I-Portal Portable Assessment System)
• Q30 Innovations (Q-collar/Q30 Sports Science)
• University of Louisiana Lafayette Athletics
• Louisiana State University Athletics
• National Skull Base Center
• Society for Brain Mapping & Therapeutics (SBMT)
• Institute of Musculoskeletal Science and Education
• SOLAS (Society of Lateral Access Surgery)
• Head Health Network
• Medical Advisory for Concussion Solutions
• Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA)
• National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR )
• National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
• United States Auto Club (USAC)
• 2007 – Listed in the “Consumer Research Council of America’s Guide to Americas Top Surgeons”
• 2014 – Present Listed in the “Leading Physicians of the World” for Neurosurgery
• 2018 – Marquis Who’s Who for Excellence in Neurosurgery
WOULD YOU LIKE A CUSTOMIZED QUOTE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Inspectra Thermal Solutions, Inc.
4413 Central Ave. Pike
Knoxville, TN 37912